2021 Geronimo Cinsault

Western Cape,South Africa,

£31.49

Bottle size: 75cl,

    In stock

    When I was a youngster growing up in Rawsonville I would hike up the mountain with a few friends to a swimming spot that we discovered, to reach this pool where we had to jump off a 5m cliff.

    Category: SKU: hub-10311501-1-DP-STOCK-N

    Description

    “CELLAR INFORMATION The grapes from the Rustenhof farm were 40% whole bunch fermented. The grapes from the Franschhoek parcel were destemmed. All grapes were left to ferment naturally with one punch down performed daily. The wines underwent malolactic fermentation in barrel. The barrels were blended after 9 months in old French oak barrels and bottled right after. The cinsault is bottled earlier than our other red wines to maintain the crunchy fruit vibrancy unique to cinsault. No enzymes or commercial yeast was used in making the wines. VINEYARD INFORMATION The wine is made from 2 parcels, 87% of the grapes from a vineyard situated on the Rustenhof farm in the Firgrove area which was planted in 1978 and the remaining 13% from the second oldest vineyard in South Africa, planted in 1932 in Franschhoek. Both
    vineyards are made up of bush vines and are dryland farmed. Decomposed granite soils with under laying
    sandstone give this wine its elegance and finesse. “

    Additional information

    Wine Type

    Red

    Country

    South Africa

    Region

    Western Cape

    Vintage

    2021

    Brand

    Van Loggerenberg

    Cultivar

    Cinsault

    Bottle Size

    75cl

    Pack Size

    1x75cl

    Pack Type

    Loose Bottles

    Alcohol Percentage

    12.50

    Duty Status

    Duty Paid

    Availability

    Immediate

    Rating Agencies

    Merchant Review

    Reviews

    Daniel Grigg

    "Top notes of potpourri, rose and fresh herbs on the nose before red currant, wild strawberry and spice. The palate is well delineated with pure fruit, vibrant acidity and fine tannins, the finish super-dry. Combines delicacy and energy to good effect"" (Christian Eedes)" [Daniel Grigg, 01/03/2023]

    Producer Profile

    Lukas van Loggerenberg’s wines have become part of the fabric of SA cult wines.

    Each wine tells a story, from the hard Graft required to build a fine wine brand from nothing in Africa, the Breton, Cabernet Franc that has found a home in Stellenbosch, the 1932 Lötter Cinsault vineyard in Franschhoek that continues to produce quality grapes despite the odds, and the Kamaraderie (Camaraderie) of the SA wine industry that makes it all possible. There are more, but of the 2022 vintage we were able to procure these ethereal wines, that represent more than just an enjoyable drink, but tell a story of a year in the vines, in South Africa, and the fortitude of its maker. Allocations are small, and the wines in great demand, thus make haste